One life-changing summer
Charlie meets Fran...
In 1997, Charlie Lewis is the kind of boy you don't remember in the school photograph. His exams have not gone well. At home he is looking after his father, when surely it should be the other way round, and if he thinks about the future at all, it is with a kind of dread.
Then Fran Fisher bursts into his life and despite himself, Charlie begins to hope.
But if Charlie wants to be with Fran, he must take on a challenge that could lose him the respect of his friends and require him to become a different person. He must join the Company. And if the Company sounds like a cult, the truth is even more appalling.
The price of hope, it seems, is Shakespeare.
Poignant, funny, enchanting, devastating, Sweet Sorrow is a tragicomedy about the rocky path to adulthood and the confusion of family life, a celebration of the reviving power of friendship and that brief, searing explosion of first love that can only be looked at directly after it has burned out.
'A compassionate, intelligent look at the raw pain and loneliness of a teenage boy, the everyday miracle of first love and the perennial power of Shakespeare's language.' Spectator
'A superbly written, beautifully observed account of teenage life, love, family dysfunction and friendship, which builds to a stunningly poignant ending.' Heat
'The author of Us and of course One Day has never written with more tenderness and insight than in this bittersweet story ... perfectly captures the dizzying highs and lows of first love.' Daily Express
'Such a beautiful book. Captures perfectly a moment in time we've all experienced.' Graham Norton
- София / Книгомания / Офис
- София / Книгомания / бул. Васил Левски 28
- София / Книгомания / бул. Прага 17
- София / Greenwich Book Center, бул. Витоша 37
- София / Ciela - Книгомания / Mall Paradise, бул. Черни връх 100
- София / Ciela - Книгомания, Mall of Sofia, бул. Ал. Стамболийски 101
- София / Ciela, бул. Цар Освободител 22 (подлез на Ректората)
- София / Orange / Тhe Mall, бул. Цариградско шосе 115
- София / Orange / Ring Mall, ул. Околовръстен път 214